Who is Bernie Sanders?
- He is running against Hillary to be the Democratic Party candidate for President of the United States.
- He was at MLK’s ‘I Have A Dream’ speech & was arrested demonstrating against segregation in ‘63
- He supported gay rights & equality since the ‘70s.
- His campaign is a political revolution asking us all to help campaign & vote for our wealth & justice.
- Vermont’s Independent Congressman for 25 years & the #1 most-liked Senator with 83% favorability
What does he fight for?
- Create jobs and raise the minimum wage to $15/hr
- Make healthcare a right instead of a costly privilege
- Make public universities free & end student debt
- Lead the planet in progress against climate change
- End private prisons & fix the criminal justice system
- Strength through diplomacy; avoid unnecessary wars
- A fair & humane immigration policy; end vulnerability
- End child & veteran homelessness, hunger, & poverty
- Expand Social Security to afford food, rent, & medicine
- End cowardly, unfair voting laws & gerrymandering
- Keep the internet open & neutral, not owned for profit
- Protect our privacy & prevent unwarranted surveillance
- Decriminalize marijuana & allow national medical use
- Increase police accountability & demilitarize police force
- Break up the big banks & prosecute their criminal fraud
- Reform the Fed & stop it from giving trillions to banks
- Defend the cleanliness of our air, water, soil, & food
- Determine community needs w/neighborhood meetings
…What’s Bernie’s status?
- Bernie’s campaign doesn’t take ‘dark money’ from corporations or SuperPACs & has received over 1.3 million donations from over 800,000 individuals.
- Bernie has seen 400,000+ people at his rallies.
- The media & corporations want Hillary; she takes money from Wall Street, drug companies, private prisons, & had opposed gay marriage until 2013.
- Bernie polls better than Hillary vs. the Republicans.
How to vote & get involved
- Watch & share Bernie’s epic speeches on YouTube, especially the one about socialism at Georgetown.
- A successful political revolution needs volunteers, courage, & time. Visit bernie.to/work to sign up.
- There is little time left until Texas’ Primary election on March 1, 2016. Iowa’s is Feb. 1. The deadline to register in TX is Jan 31. Visit voteforbernie.org.
- You can only vote in one Primary election. You can’t vote for both who you want to be the Republican nominee & the Democratic nominee. Pick Bernie.
- If you live in Travis County, you can text ‘Register’ to 48683 – a voter registration card will be mailed to you. Re-register as many times as you need.
- Visit feelthebern.org to learn where Bernie stands on over 50 issues & help by printing some flyers!
This was created & paid for by grassroots volunteers with no official relation to Bernie Sanders’ campaign (Bernie 2016) or berniesanders.com